Thursday 16 June 2011

beauty products review

one of the presents i requested for my birthday was the shu uemura uv under base mousse.  i have been rather intrigued by the product after watching 女人我最大.  the mousse just looked so easy to apply and i've been looking for something that will help my makeup stay longer and to cover up my enormous pores.  my friend managed to get it in the limited edition packaging and it looks really pretty.

so how did the product fare?  application was, as i thought, super easy.  the pump is easy to control so you don't get a big glob of mousse.  it went on evenly, you don't have to worry much about it not blending in nicely.  the mousse smells really nice, a light floral scent.  it comes with spf 30 so i was able to skip my usual eucerin moisterizer + sunblock.  

the coverage probably ranges from light to medium though u can layer to get slightly better coverage.  it does help to minimize the looks of my pores a little though nothing life changing here.  the disappointment was that it didn't help my makeup stay longer or better.  i tried pairing the under base with my mineral foundation, my compact powder and my liquid foundation, all did not stay on longer than if i were to wear them alone.  in fact, it makes my skin oilier by mid day and the foundation i have on top tends to "slip off" easier.  i'm still undecided on the product, would really like to try it different ways to make it work since so many people seem to rave about it

next up is the biore aqua rich UV face mousse spf 50+ PA +++.  i first saw this product in taiwan last year but think i didn't have enough twd in the end so did not buy it.  recently saw it selling at those discount beauty stores in chinatown and decided to have a go at it.

i really like the product. it contains hyaluronic acid so i skip moisturizer when i use it for the day (i tend to find products that can double up as moisturizer and sunscreen coz i hate applying multiple products in the morning and it's time consuming).  it isn't exactly mousse-like but the texture is very light, somehwhat like whipped cream.  it goes on smoothly, does not have a white cast that most sunscreens give you.  it is not sticky at all (yay!) and even feels a little refreshing, so makeup goes on nicely.  given that it has been so warm these few days, this sunscreen seems sufficient for my moisturizing needs though i'm not sure how it will fare in a colder, drier country. having said that, i'm still gonna buy a few more tubes to bring with me to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment