Friday 26 October 2012

Cocohodo

Monster Munching, my guide to good food in OC reviewed Cocohodo a couple of weeks back. I didn't realize there was a Korean food/snack place I haven't heard of in OC and was dying to try this especially since the red bean pancake man outside Hmart stopped appearing many months ago.

I bought a mini box which was $5 for 12 pieces. In my haste to order I overlooked the prices for the paper bag packaging. For the same price, I could get 15 pieces in a paper bag. Since I was gonna be the one stuffing my face with it, there was probably no need to get them in a box, but oh well. They have many other sizes too and I'm pretty sure the next time I'm here I will upsize.

I realized I've rambled on for 2 paragraphs without telling you what Cocohodo sells. They sell hodo kwaja which is a batter-like pastry encasing a piece of walnut and sweetened red bean paste. The pastry is in a walnut shell shape and each pastry is individually wrapped in a thin tissue. The batter to filling ratio is low, the red bean paste is not too sweet and the walnut in it just makes me think this is healthy! So, hurry over there and get your little bundles of joy!





Cocohodo
5327 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90621
(714) 994 5965



No comments:

Post a Comment