Thursday 12 April 2012

My ultimate fave place to eat in Chicago

While searching for a hot dog joint on yelp, I stumbled upon some lovely pictures of well fried fries. Fried carbs are my achilles heels so of course I had to check the place out. I browsed through the pictures, saw some awesome po boys and truffle fries! I happily scheduled Big and Little into our meal plan.

When we stepped into the restaurant, we were greeted by wonderful smells. We ordered a soft shell crab poor boy truffle fries and a grilled fish taco. I had very much wanted to order the fish and chips but didn't want too much grease in the meal so opted for a healthier fish taco.

We sat on the bench and the table next to us was feasting on several orders of fish and chips. I was green with envy. The 2 pieces of fish were humongous and the batter looked so crisp and thin. I immediately regretted my decision.

The soft shell crab was phenomenal! The crab was so fresh and the batter so light crisp and flavorful. Major YUM! The grilled fish taco was also very good. The portion was good the fish was well seasoned and fresh an topped with shredded cabbage with a slightly spicy sauce. Truffle fries oh truffle fries..they were sooo delectable. Fried well done and drizzled with truffle oil. Gotta say all 3 choices were hits! However, I know I will hate myself if I didn't come back and try the fish and chips especially after this great meal.

So, back to BnL we went the next day. We were the first customers and ordered just the fish and chips since we knew what a huge portion it was. Naturally we swapped the fries for truffle fries.

Before you think I'm crazy for loving this place so much, read this blog entry. It give you insight into the owners, background and best part, e went back 3 times during his stay.

My fave place to eat in Chicago is neither famed for hot dogs nor deep dish pizza. They serve up wickedly good seafood and fries and much much more. I know I will miss them dearly when I'm back in Socal.

No comments:

Post a Comment