Sunday 27 May 2012

Fire up the grill!

I guess Memorial Day weekend marks the official start of the BBQ season. Encouraged by the good weather, we bought some grill worthy ingredients to celebrate the long weekend.

I chanced upon the Food Network TV app the other day and saw a grilled corn salad recipe that I liked. That went into the menu, along with Korean spicy BBQ pork and salmon for some antioxidants.

While browsing the Friday farmers market at my office building, I saw some beautiful bell peppers selling at 3 for $2. I decided to work that into my grilled corn salad although the regular recipe included tomatoes instead. I also decided to add some avocado since it has such awesome health benefits. Here is my version of the grilled corn salad.

Grilled Corn Roasted Pepper Avocado Salad

- 1 ear of corn, grilled
- 1 bell pepper, roasted
- 1/2 of a avocado
- juice from half a lime
- salt to taste
- coriander

To roast the bell pepper, throw it onto the grill or on your gas stove. Char the outer skin, wrap it up with aluminum foil to steam it so that the skin can be peeled away easily. Dice the pepper and avocado, remove corn kernels from the cob, chop up a handful of coriander, juice half a lime, add some salt to taste, and you have yourself a great and healthy salad to accompany your grilled meats!

No comments:

Post a Comment